1753505 Members
5551 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Flex-10 Configuration and Integrity BL860c i2 question

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Flex-10 Configuration and Integrity BL860c i2 question

Mark had a question regarding the new BL860c i2 server and networking interconnects.

***************************************************************************************************************

Can you install a BL860c i2 server blade that has built-in Flex-10 NICs into a C7k enclosure that does not have a Flex-10 VC Interconnect module? I have a customer that has two Cisco 3020 Interconnect modules installed in Interconnect Bays 1 and 2 today, with all blade servers using standard built-in NICs. They want to add a BL860c i2 server, but I am wondering if they need to change out the Cisco switches for Flex-10 Interconnect modules.

***************************************************************************************************************

Hiro provided guidance:

****************************************************************************************************************

Hi Mark,

You don't have to change interconnect module.

If interconnect module is 1Gb switch, NC532i works as 1Gb NIC.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13624_div/13624_div.html#Standard%20Features

NOTE: Each part is autosensing 1Gb/10Gb, and can interoperate with 1Gb HP BladeSystem c-Class interconnect components.

***********************************************************************************************************

Good stuff. Are you using the new Integrity blades??