5758 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to configure VC network if I need bond two nic with active-standby mode

louisji2008
Regular Advisor

How to configure VC network if I need bond two nic with active-standby mode

Hello,
I have an enclosure with two vc flex-10, each one have one uplink cable which connecting to one of two ToR switch.
My question is, if I need make a bond with active standby mode (LAN-Monitor in HP-UX), I just need create two simple network, each one contains one uplink, then assign each network to the NIC port mapping to the same vc module.
For example,
vc module 1 x6 connect to ToR 1, and connect to LOM p1 internally.
vc module 2 x6 connect to ToR 2, and connect to LOM p2 internally.
I need:
Define one simple network with vc module 1 x6 port, and assign it to LOM p1 in server profile.
Define another one simple network with vc module 2 x6 port, and assign it to LOM p2 in server profile.
Is this correct?

How time flies~~~
3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: How to configure VC network if I need bond two nic with active-standby mode

Hello

When configuring Virtual Connect, we can provide several ways to implement network fail-over or
redundancy. One option would be to connect TWO uplinks to a single Virtual Connect network; those two
uplinks would connect from different Virtual Connect modules within the enclosure and could then
connect to the same upstream switch or two different upstream switches, depending on your
redundancy needs. An alternative would be to configure TWO separate Virtual Connect networks, each
with a single, or multiple, uplinks configured. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages. For
example; an Active/Standby configuration places the redundancy at the VC level, where Active/Active
places it at the OS NIC teaming or bonding level.

Please refer HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric Cookbook with multiple scenario's (step by step configuration) and accordingly select and implement one of the best scenario which matches to your requirement.

https://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c02616817-9.pdf

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
louisji2008
Regular Advisor

I think my configuration would be Active Standby option (the alternative option).

When I configure LAN-monitor, is it the same as configure it with the physical network adapter of rack server?

How time flies~~~
AmRa
HPE Pro

Yes, its same as you configure on physical NIC of rack server.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo