1751913 Members
5001 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

I upgrade VC formware 3.10 downgrade to VC2.32 and error in VCEM

Usha
Occasional Visitor

I upgrade VC formware 3.10 downgrade to VC2.32 and error in VCEM

I upgraded VC firmware from 2.32 to 3.10.  downgraded the firmware again from 3.10 to 2.32 since then VCEM cannot take out of maintenance mode.  I am getting an error saying missing external lock manager.  I need urgent help and need to fix issue for the customer to show the firmware upgrade process and back up process.

Thanks

Usha

2 REPLIES 2
Stevem
Frequent Advisor

Re: I upgrade VC formware 3.10 downgrade to VC2.32 and error in VCEM

So, what has happened to the VCEM server?  is that application still available or has it been removed/deleted?  Has the IP address of the VCEM server changed?

Where do you get this error message, when logging into the GUI or the CLI of the VC Domain?

How exactly did you get into this state?  What steps did you follow when upgrading and then down grading?

Why did you downgrade back to 2.32?

Also, login to the VC Domain CLI and run the following command;

show external-manager

Steve....

Usha
Occasional Visitor

Re: I upgrade VC formware 3.10 downgrade to VC2.32 and error in VCEM

1.   VCEM in maintenance mode.

2.    Upgraded the VC firmware 3.10

1. Customer wanted to have backout procedure, so we downgraded the firmware.
  2. When we tried to downgrade the VCSU did not let us downgrade the firmware until we delete the domain from VCM.
  3.  We deleted the domain and downgraded the firmware.
  4. Login to the VCM with default password and restored the domain configuration.
  5. VCM was fine

We went to the VCEM and try to take out of the maintenance mode then we are getting error

Checking target resource.
Start executing job.
Started canceling VC Domain Maintenance.
Error during Cancel VC Domain [NC-JJ18-1-ENC-VC-DOMAIN] Maintenance . Details: Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager cannot manage this VC Domain because the external manager of the Virtual Connect is removed, disabled or replaced during a domain backup restoration. To verify, 1. Access the Virtual Connect Manager Command Line Interface. 2. Enter show external-manager. It will display the external manager name and status. To resolve this issue: If the external manager is disabled, 1. Enable the external manager. See detailed information in the HP Virtual Connect Manager Command Line Interface User Guide. 2. Execute the VCEM operation again. If the external manager is removed or replaced, 1. Click on Remove from VC Domain Group. 2. Break the external manager lock and release these MAC, WWN and Serial Number addresses ranges. See detailed information in the HP Virtual Connect Manager Command Line Interface User Guide.

I did the show external-manager it shows Enabled- true

Customer wants to go back to their original firmware which 2.32, in case if they get any issues with VC 3.10