5846 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Modify network connection for multiple server profiles

eringuet
Occasional Visitor

Modify network connection for multiple server profiles

Hello,

I am using blades to run vSphere. Each of my blade servers have a profile with the same configuration for Flex10.

1. mngt

2. mngt

3. vMotion

4. vMotion

5. guest VLAN trunks

6. guest VLAN trunks

7. iSCSI

8. iSCSI

Is there a way to add a VLAN to NIC 5&6 on several profiles quickly? I am adding VLAN very often and this operation takes time and is error prone in the GUI.

The best solution would be to have a VLAN group that I could apply to some NIC and just being able to add a VLAN to the group so it applies to everything. I don't think this feature exists so I guess there is a quick way to do it using the command line?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
eringuet
Occasional Visitor

Re: Modify network connection for multiple server profiles

Is this impossible? 

I can't be the only one who needs to do this...

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

you can create a script to use the CLI. I haven't done it in some time, but I used to  use 'plink' from the 'putty' package to feed a text file with all the commands to setup a VC from scratch.  A simple search turned up someone who is using the CLI via powershell

VC CLI guide
http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay_ws_BI&spf_p.rid_kbDocDisplay=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&spf_p.rst_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02255342-2%257CdocLocale%253D&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Poweshell method
http://www.theitjesus.com/powershell-automating-hp-c7000-virtual-connect-domain-configuration/

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
msh_it
Regular Advisor

The only way i can think of is to do it through CLI, read the CLI command mentioned above and you will figure it out.

-------------------------------

msh_it | UAE | AbuDhabi

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Below!