BladeSystem - General
1752667 Members
5731 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Need to update VC firmware from VC v2.33...

SOLVED
Go to solution
LouisH
Valued Contributor

Need to update VC firmware from VC v2.33...

All,

I have an enclosure with OA running 3.30. I am installing two VC modules to replace 10GbE passthrus installed in Bays 1 and 2. The VC's are running 2.33. I need to update to VC version 3.70. This enclosure is currently empty, so there is no worry about network outages, server downtime, and etc.

I currently have VCSU 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 windows Installer packages. I also have SPP 2012.08.0 downloaded and firmware 10.0.

Aftersome research, I determined I need to update from 2.33 (current) to 3.21, then to 3.60 then finally to 3.70. Is this correct? What .BIN files do I need to download additionally? And what VCSU will support updating 2.33?

I read on here that 1.7.0 only supports updating from 3.30 to 3.70.

Regards,

Louis 

2 REPLIES 2
LouisH
Valued Contributor

Re: Need to update VC firmware from VC v2.33...

After reading through Forums, I updated from 2.33 to 3.60 then 3.70 and chose "parallel". Worked fine for me.

I used 1.7.0 vcsu...

Hope this helps someone else...

Regards,

Louis

LouisH
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Need to update VC firmware from VC v2.33...

All,

Thought I would share an additional comment. After the original module set was updated as stated above, I had an additional module set to update to VC 3.70 f/w.

I'd read on the forum, another member also recommended just updating to latest desired verison without any steps in-between, IF neither VC was configured for an VC Domain yet.

I updated from VC 2.33 to 3.70 without any problems using that suggestion. This was due in part to the fact that neither VC module was seeing the other (browsing to VC Manager page showed warning in "red" that this module was not primary). This was showing up on both VC modules. Couldn't force them to sync. Powered them off via OA, restarted OA and still couldn't sync after OA powered them back on during OA restart.

After update, all worked as advertised. Modules synced, healthcheck showed all ok. Did I just get lucky....maybe but it worked for me.

Regards,

Louis