4899 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Performance/Availability monitoring for HP VC 8Gb 20-port FC Module

Deas.h
Occasional Advisor

Performance/Availability monitoring for HP VC 8Gb 20-port FC Module

Hello,

We have a few C7000 where we changed the 4Gb FC Modules to 8Gb 20-port VC-FC Modules. For Ethernet we use Cisco Fabric Extender for HP.

So we don´t have the Virtual Connect Manager which is included in the Ethernet VC Modules and we don´t have the Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager.

We primary use Microsoft SCOM for Monitoring our Infrastructure.

Is there a way to monitor the VC-FC Modules with SCOM? I found a few HP SCOM Management Packs and there is also one for VC, but is this something you can recommend? Are those Management Packs working good and do i get the information i want?

Thank´s a lot for your help!

Brgds Andreas

2 REPLIES 2
LouisH
Valued Contributor

Hi,

The only way that the VC FC 8GB / 20 port module will work is with a VC ethernet module and the only way to monitor same.

It will seem to work as you have it connected, but I think ALL FC traffic will be through Port 0 and not the other ports.

Regards,

Louis

Deas.h
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

this is not true - the VC FC 8GB/20 port modules work also without a VC Ethernet module. And the traffic is routet over all 4 connections. I can see this on the lights and with ssh.

Is there really no way to get more details about those modules without a VC Ethernet module?!? I can´t believe this.

brgds Andreas