New Discussion

Traffic through crosslink with multiple mapped networks

SOLVED
Go to solution
MalteS
Occasional Contributor

Traffic through crosslink with multiple mapped networks

Hello,

Im quite new to Virtual connect and have a configuration that I cannot get working.

We have two Flex10 10Gb Ethernet Module in a C7000 Enclosure with BL460C G6 Servers.

I want to configure one of each LOM Ports with two Networks (dmz: VLAN 200 and Management: VLAN 300) and due to Bandwith limitations the traffic must flow over the VC Internal Stacking Links (east/west traffic or?)

Here is what I've done:

1. I created booth networks with the corresponding vlans:

vnets.jpg

2. then I created a server profile and configured Port 3 and 4 as multiple networks:

3server_profil.JPG

4server_profile_FlexNIC3.JPG

5server_profile_FlexNIC4.JPG

3. In windows I configured a team over Port 3 and 4 (NFT with Preference Order due to the different Bandwidth) with the HP NCU and setup vlans on that team:

windows_ncu.JPG

At the end I had two NICs with the corresponding vlan.

At this point I wasnt able to make a ping between two servers inside the Enclosure over the corresponding vlan NICs.

For your Information: the SUS isnt configured on the externel switch's side but since I want to have traffic inside the VC Domain it shouldn't matter.

Thanks in advance & best Regards

Malte

2 REPLIES 2
MalteS
Occasional Contributor

Re: Traffic through crosslink with multiple mapped networks

Well this is very strange now.

It is working now for 2 servers. The only difference I made is: I deleted the SUS and mapped the vNets through the server profile to the corresponding vlans. In the Network Configuration Utility I set the Management Interface (vlan300) as the "Default/Native VLAN Tag". Then the 2 servers could ping eachother.

But: Exactly the same configuration does NOT work on a third server in the same VC Domain.

I checked all thinks twice with a co-worker. The VC and NCU configs are identical, but its not possible to reach one of the tother servers in the vlan.

I hope some help :)

Malte

MalteS
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: Traffic through crosslink with multiple mapped networks

We got it now.

Im not sure about it, but I will test it with 1 a fourth Server: It seems, that the device names created by NCU are shwon inverted in windows.

After a reboot all was shown correct and we realized, that we setup the wrong IPs.

Best Regards

malte :)