BladeSystem - General
1751778 Members
4459 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VC manager hung on an enclosure - what to do.

Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

I have 3 blade enclosures currently managed by VCEM (Firmware 2.10 VC 2.51 OA). While doing some maintenance last night I deleted the spares while accidently doing a failover. SIM sulked and would not get past the loading Web server. And trying to access all 3 VCs just gave me "loading". So I thought I would leave it to timeout/reset over night. This morning the profile move timeout- SIM is working, VC1 & VC2 are ok and I can move profiles around between them. But VCEM thinks VC3 is unlicensed. Though the license is used. Putting VCEM into maintenance gives me a connectivity failure on VC3. Accessing the VC thru VCEM results in a spinning green circle or loading message Trying to acces the VC or Interconnect IPs direct gives me a "loading, please wait" Accessing the CLI via PUTTY lets me login but I get no prompt. Anyone have any further suggestions before I use the OA CLI and reset interconnect 1?
3 REPLIES 3
Markus Liebl

Have you tried to check status of the vc domain using virtual connect support utility? You could also try to reset the virtual connect manager using vcsu.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Yes thanks, I forgot what else the VCSU could do apart from firmware updates. vcutil -a resetvcm did the trick .... it hung around at 44% for a nail biting period of time. Took the VC in and out of maintenance mode just to make sure.
pkhatri

Re: VC manager hung on an enclosure - what to do.

Hi, I am in similar situation right now. VCM is in hung status. My question is how to reset it with vcutil -a resetvcm command? Don't I need to log in first? when I try to login, it logs me in to OA fine, it asks me for VCM user name and password and gets stuck at 68%, Thanks.