New Discussion

VIrtual connect flex-10/10d configuration issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrew_R
Advisor

VIrtual connect flex-10/10d configuration issue

Good afternoon all.

I have inherrited a Uat environement which consists of several BL460C GEN 8 Blades connecting through FLEX10-10D modules. 

Ther person who configured only enabled 1 ofd the flex nics on all the servers. 

How do I enable the remaining flexnics without having to recreate profiles from scratch and which setting do I need to change? 

Thanks for the help

Andrew

4 REPLIES 4
frenchy94
Regular Advisor
Solution

Re: VIrtual connect flex-10/10d configuration issue

Hi

Just edit profile and add port in configuration

--
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

@Andrew

Can you share the below details of the

Flex Nic model?

Where can see that only one port is enabled?

can you share a screenshot ?

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

@Andrew_R 

Share the above requested details. 

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Andrew_R
Advisor

Hi @Kashyap02 

There are currentlly only 2 uplinks available and vmware is only seeing 2 vmnics. 

For some unknown reason the first uplink is showing as active with the remaining 3 passive. How do I make the 2nd uplink active? 

I would also like to know what I would need to do to enable a seperate uplink on each vc uplink for iscsi traffic. It will be used purelly for the iscsi vlan. Is there any specific settings I need to have configured on the cisco 3750 switch which these new uplinks will be patched into? 

Also is there any way to clone the uplink config if the person who set it up did it incorrectlly by using the internal stacking port for external uplinks?