6468 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disaster Recovery Planning

Mike_305
Super Advisor

Disaster Recovery Planning

Hi,

Any one has any cool technical web site related information on DR planning or any documentation on HP's web site.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
If there is problem then don't think as problem, think as opportunity.
20 REPLIES 20
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Hello Mike,

I would have a look onto the web pages for the hp products
- Omniback II
- SureStore
as those are often used to do the actual recovery...

HTH,
Wodisch
Mike_305
Super Advisor

Hi,

We use Veritas netbackup. I was more looking for some type of outline in putting the plan together. If any web site relating the information
Mike_305
Super Advisor

Hi,

We use Veritas netbackup. I was more looking for some type of outline in putting the plan together. If any web site relating the information.

Thanks,

Mike
Fergus Hayne
Occasional Advisor

Try http://www.hp.com/hps/brs/data.htm it might give you some ideas.
hmm
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Mike:

Although I haven't personally examined the book, it looks like it might be interesting, based on the genre to which it belogs:

"O'Reilly and Associates Presents:
Unix Backup & Recovery" :

http://www.backupcentral.com/thebook.html#Summary

For HP-UX, you can't beat Ignite's 'make_tape_recovery' to install *your* vg00 on a server; for instance at a contracted remote facility. You then restore your non-vg00 filesytems, and "volia!".

There are a number of posts in the HP-UX family forum dealing with disaster recovery procedures, using Ignite, in more detail. A search will yield additional, useful information.

Regards!

...JRF...
Dave Wherry
Esteemed Contributor

The replies seemed to have veered off into backup and recovery software. Is that what you were looking for?
Your question asked about DR which is Disaster Recovery planning, which although related is really a different subject.
To answer that, I've not found any good web sites on the subject. The ones I have seen just tease you to buy their services. I've attended a seminar and some breakout sessions at user group meetings. From there I've participated in developing a couple of plans.
Mike_305
Super Advisor

Hi Dave,

I have to agree with you. I also think that I was trying to find out DR planning and it went on backup but anyway if you have any good material or information I will appreciate.

Thanks,

Mike
Volker Borowski
Honored Contributor

Hi,

did you try to ask http://www.google.com for "disaster recovery whitepaper"

Tons of stuff !
Volker
Debby

Hi Mike,

Try www.utoronto.ca/security/drp.htm - this gives a good basic project/plan starting point, if it's any help. I got it by just typing disaster recovery plan into Google.