1754859 Members
5619 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

WPA driver for Lan-Express 802.11 mini-pci

Ross Durham_1
Occasional Contributor

WPA driver for Lan-Express 802.11 mini-pci

How can I get drivers for the Lan-Express wifi mini-PCI card in my Presario 2500 notebook that will allow me to set up a WPA wireless network? My AP supports this. Running XP home.
4 REPLIES 4
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Re: WPA driver for Lan-Express 802.11 mini-pci

Ross Durham_1
Occasional Contributor

Antoniov,

Thanks for the reply. I could not find it in that list, but I found the card in the Compaq support and drivers: LAN-Express 802.11b Wireless LAN Adapter Driver for Windows XP(English).
This is the address for where I found some drivers, but no WPA support.
http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/any/na/cpq/softwareDownloadIndex.jhtml?reg=&cc=us&softitem=ob-12750-1&prodId=compaqpres375243&lc=en&plc=&sw_lang=en&pagetype=software

It is an internal 802.11b card for the compaq 2100 (sorry I said 2500 earlier, but it is the same part). The company name is Lan-Express, it seems.

I really am expecting HP to take care of its customers and not leave them hanging with the hardware that HP chose to incorporate in their systems. Thanks.

Ross Durham
Terrance Schmitt

I have clients with nx9010's that have the same Lan-Express card. I would expect that HP would have a WPA compliant driver. The latest driver on the HP web site shows a date of mid-summer, but when installed it shows a date of 11/14/2002?? Is there a WPA driver for the Lan-Express cards running 802.11b?
Philip Doragh
Trusted Contributor

There are currently no plans to update the software on the Lan-Express devices to include WPA support.