2991 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hpe 6125xlg

Gannicus
Occasional Contributor

Hpe 6125xlg

Hi,

i have troubles with two hpe 6125 xlg blade switch in IRF configuration, linked by two fiber link with two Cisco 6509 in vss : the two fiber links are aggregated by lacp. On Cisco side i received a "UDLD mismatch" error and one of the two links goes down.

Is there any compatibility problem between comware and UDLD ? is UDLD supported by Comware?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Mike79
Advisor

Hi,

The answer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unidirectional_Link_Detection

"UDLD is a Cisco-proprietary protocol. Switches from 3Com and its Enterprise division H3C have a similar feature called Device Link Detection Protocol (DLDP). Switches from Extreme Networks have a similar feature called Extreme Link Status Monitoring (ELSM). Switches from NORTEL/AVAYA have a similar feature called Link-state Tracking. Similar functionality in a standardized form is provided as part of the Ethernet OAM protocol that is defined as part of the Ethernet in the First Mile changes to 802.3 (previously 802.3ah). D-Link has their DULD feature built on top of Ethernet OAM function. Brocade devices running Ironware support a proprietary form of UDLD."

parnassus
Honored Contributor

...or shouldn't be simply be that the Cisco 6509 VSS must use a normal Port Trunking (Cisco EtherChannel IIRC) with LACP (which is the IEEE 802.3ad Standard...so nothing proprietary) as aggregation method...so without requesting/using the proprietary UDLD?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner