Comware Based
1752796 Members
5671 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE CMW From which OS is the virtual-cable-test available?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dennis_HP-ATP
Occasional Advisor

HPE CMW From which OS is the virtual-cable-test available?

Good morning friends,

For a customer, I am implementing a tshoot script on their HPE 5120 and HPE 5130 access layer switches, but when I try to run the command GigabitEthernetx/0/x VIRTUAL-CABLE-TEST it shows me that this operation is not supported. I've searched the web, googled this issue, but didn't find any answer on that.

Can anyone tell me in which OS this feature is included for these switches? Or any documentation or dB where I can perform a feature lookup?

HPE 5120 main startup:/ a5120ei-cmw520-r2222p08.bin
HPE 5130 main startup:/ 5130HI-CMW710-SYSTEM-R1309.bin

Many thanks in advance.

KR,

Dennis

4 REPLIES 4
Ivan_B
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HPE CMW From which OS is the virtual-cable-test available?

Hello!

Unfortunately, there is no such database to perform a lookup by a feature, I wish we had one... For now the best way is to check latest Lan Switching Configuration guide for respective platform and see if that feature has been declared there.

As for the issue in 5130-EI and 5130-HI series - there is a known hardware limitation of that switches that cable connection test can be performed only on 1G ports. If a port was set or auto-negotiated to 10/100 the cable test won't work.

Please, check if you are hitting the same limitaiton. However, if you see that feature failing on 1G ports, I suggest you to open a support case to check if that's not some bug or some other limitation we are still not aware about.

Hope it helps!

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

sibierji
Occasional Advisor

I tried running this command on a Brocade ICX 7250-48P switch running SPS08030h, and it doesn't work. I get the message "TDR is not applicable to this port!". This is being run on interface 1/1/1.

sibierji
Occasional Advisor

I tried running this command on a Brocade ICX 7250-48P switch running SPS08030h, and it doesn't work.

Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Hello!

Maybe it will be better to post this question on Brocade forum? I highly doubt you will find any help for Brocade switch in this thread...

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo