Comware Based
1752660 Members
5738 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Trying to change physical interface port link-mode to route , each time getting a error message.

kali111

Trying to change physical interface port link-mode to route , each time getting a error message.

MODEL NO: HPE 12908E SWITCH

I traied to chnage a ten-gig port mode from bridge to route using below command.

[CORESWITCH-Ten-GigabitEthernet2/0/1]port link-mode route
Failed to switch.
[CORESWITCH-Ten-GigabitEthernet2/0/1]%Sep 7 14:00:54:362 2020 CORESWITCH DRVPLAT/4/DrvDebug: -MDC=1-Slot=2;
There are not enough resources on slot 2, please config reserve-vlan-interface.

Each time i am getting this error message , do i need to enter any other command .

please help me.

2 REPLIES 2
Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Re: Trying to change physical interface port link-mode to route , each time getting a error message.

Hi @kali111 !

On this platform in order to use a port as a routed port (Layer 3 entity) you need to borrow from a resources dedicated to Vlan-interfaces, another Layer 3 entities. By doing this you sacrifice number of available Vlan-interfaces for routed ports and Tunnel interfaces. Here is what the Layer 2 LAN Switching Configuraiton Guide (https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00041379en_us), page 170 says:

The system provides 4094 Layer 3 interface hardware resources for Layer 3 interfaces and subinterfaces. By default, these Layer 3 interface resources are reserved for 4094 VLAN interfaces. Reserve VLAN interface resources before you create other types of Layer 3 interfaces or configure features that require Layer 3 interface hardware resources.

Check the guide, it explains when such reservation is needed, why and how to make it. In your case you need to reserve local VLAN interface resources - one for each routed port. And if you are going to use sub-interfaces on that routed port, add one resource per sub-interface to the count. 

Hope this helps!

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Re: Trying to change physical interface port link-mode to route , each time getting a error message.

Hi @kali111 !

Was your question aswered? If it was, could you mark my answer as accepted solution? 

Thanks!

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo