Comware Based
1751953 Members
4855 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

What could be causing my 5500-48G-PoE+-4SFP to prompt for confirmation when defaulting interfaces

lacrosse1991
Advisor

What could be causing my 5500-48G-PoE+-4SFP to prompt for confirmation when defaulting interfaces

Hello,

I have two 5500-48G-PoE+-4SFP (Version 5.20.99, Release 5501P23) switches. One is in the lab while another is in production. 

I recently went to default some interfaces on the production device and noticed that it was asking me to provide confirmation for every interface that I wanted to default, while the lab device just defaulted its interfaces without asking for any confirmation at all. 

What could be causing the production device to ask for confirmation like this? I'd like to get rid of this behavior so that I can more easily configure interfaces in bulk. 

Production device:

Inked231B9D49_LI.jpg

Lab Device:

Untitled.png

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: What could be causing my 5500-48G-PoE+-4SFP to prompt for confirmation when defaulting interface

That's interesting...exactly the same software version on both production and lab switches? exactly the same configuration changes made (with respect to initial default) for ranges involved by the default command (both on lab/production)?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner