4836 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

HP 830 Unified Wired wireless switch integration witch cisco ISE

Mahmoud-Refaat
Occasional Advisor

HP 830 Unified Wired wireless switch integration witch cisco ISE

Hi All,

i need any case study or any paper regarding the integration between the HP 830 controller and Cisco ISE in order to authenticate wireless users by Cisco ISE

that is what mentioned in CIsco ISE datasheet here regarding this 

Multivendor-infrastructure support :

ISE supports third-party network access devices, depending on the device’s capabilities1. ISE interoperates with a multivendor infrastructure (for example, switches and wireless access points). It is compliant with RADIUS and IEEE 802.1X standards, but does not require IEEE 802.1X in order to fully operate. Cisco and its partners offer best-practice guidelines as well as detailed, hands-on design guidance. Enterprise customers use ISE with a network infrastructure designed by Cisco along with Cisco TrustSec technology to get even greater intelligence and visibility from their networks.

1For standard access control with dynamic authorization (including the integration of profiling into the access decision), a network access device must support CoA as defined in RFC 5176. For the guest, BYOD on boarding, and posture flows, a network access device must support URL redirection with media access control (MAC) address notification.

i checked the HP830 datasheet and i didn't find the support for this RFC 5176  and i can't find any thread or article to help me with this 

i need any help regarding this integration between the HP 830 and CIsco ISE 

appreciate your help guys and wait for your inputs