5701 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Comman View EVA 9.1 in a Virtual Machine

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: Comman View EVA 9.1 in a Virtual Machine

Christhian,

I've looked a bit around and it looks like NPIV is part of the mechanism in XEN to map SAN LUNs to VMs. There are several articles on the WEB which decribe how to do it on a SUSE Linx, but I could not really find out if XENSERVER could do it.

Good point, Torsten. It certainly is unsupported and I would put the VM on local storage, but this little detail can easily forgotten.
It's been some years now that I told a customer how to save an EVAs configuration and I explained that he must store it on separate media (and why he should not store it on the EVA).

Some weeks later I gave them another visit and: guess what? He prodly explained to me that, yes, he had saved the EVA configuration [good, one point] and stored it on the 'central file share'.
Guess where this share ends up? [that makes another minus 2 points]
Christhian Chamba
Frequent Advisor

Hi Torsten / Uwe,

I have clear this problem and the client too, but now impossible to buy another server for lack of money.

The idea is to manage the HP EVA through a virtual machine and a couple of months to make the purchase from another server and install the CV.

My question is basically how I should configure the CV or the VM to be temporarily installed the CV in an Citrix XenServer Virtual Machine.
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

It's an 4400. It got the CV ABM.
Meaning you've got command view on the management module.

There's some issues though.
It's very slow.
You can't upgrade HDD FW.
Phone home might still not work = no monitoring.

But I agree with Torsten.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo