1753765 Members
5826 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

D2600 on/off button stopped and fans 100%

cvw76

D2600 on/off button stopped and fans 100%

hi,

After longtime usage of D2600 unit without problems, all of a sudden recently, after a power down and up, the unit is constantly on (the back on/off button does not switch down anymore, it's always on unless the power is switched off) and the fans are always running 100%, whereas before they would run 100% and noisy for 10 seconds or so, then reduce power). All leds are solid green except the 1st I/O on the back of the unit, the warning LED is solid amber.

The manual just says either locked or more serious problem. As these are no longer supported, I'll need to fix this up myself. So....   any ideas? Or just replace the whole I/O unit?

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: D2600 on/off button stopped and fans 100%

Try to use SSA (physical view) to get more about the status and the firmware version.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
cvw76

Everything seems ok. I am using a HP P411 controller with a HPZ620 server running centOS v7, it's always been rock solid.

I switched around the two I/O units - one of them definitely has an error, with the amber LED on, but I am only connecting one SAS cable to one port of the controller and Array.

The server boots up ok, gives the usual message about initialising controller, then says logical drive found, boots up. The only difference is that now I can only use the cable power to turn the array on/off (it's always on). I ran the controller ACU for the diagnostics report - doesn't say anything in particular. Recognises all the SAS drives in the Array, there aren't any errors flagged. The controller firmware is 3.52.

Before, all the drives would flash on after boot but are not now, even though in ACU or command tools I can see all the drives and array just fine. The ACU does give one message; "background parity initialisation in progress".

However, everything seems ok and working, apart from the second I/O unit (that I can replace) and the on/off button no longer working and remaining on all time at 100% fans. So is there an easy way to reset the Array to default, or just reinstall the firmware? I'm just wondering if it's a corrupt firmware not hardware issue, as nothing at all has changed on the system in terms of drivers on the Array, controller or server.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Here is the latest fw
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX-dc9d629df8ed4aebb0cf910463#tab-history

3.52 is the controller, maybe not the latest.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!