5915 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA 4400 "FATA disk Failure"

SOLVED
Go to solution

Hi Uwe, the EVA are in production

I have tested with another disk, and its the same problem, ive put in the another bay of the Disk Enclosure below and has no probelms, the actions of group this thisks its in less of 5 minutes.

But there is something weird, when the leveling its finished, its seems if everithings goes ok. I see the disk group properties and see the capacity its the same.

Before when are 7 disks in the DG the space remaining was 2 TB, and now the space its the same.

I really dont know what to do, i have to replace all the disk enclosure as you tell me. but its extrange.

I will ask for the replace part. I will let you know the results.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> the space remaining was 2 TB,

Oh, you mean it say 2047.99GB?

In that case you are mis-reading what CV-EVA means ;-)

The field shows the maximum size the _next_ virtual disk can be created using the VRAID-level left from the number. It does _not_ show the total VRAID capacity.
It has always worked that way.

OK. thanks for the tip, i was worried about it.

So, did you think is good the posibility of changing the disk enclosure? i ask this because the alarm state is gone, the issue of the space had me worried, but if you say that always happened that way. i think that the probelm has resolved.

what dou you think?

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

So there is now a disk in bay 4 and it works fine? If yes, I think it was a temporary problem.
I've seen it a few times over the past years and it was always fixed by reseating the drive. We did not swap those enclosures.