5240 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA CV 8

DJMC
Regular Advisor

EVA CV 8

HI,
Can anyone confirm how many EVA's can be managed from one CV management server?
In the past it was 16, is this still the case? I am currently manageing 10 arrays, 7 EVA5K's, 2 EVA8K's and 1 EVA4100, I'm trying to add in one more EVA4100 but I can't discover it. All the zoneing etc has been doubled checked and is correct.
Any ideas?

DJ
4 REPLIES 4
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

The limit is still 16 EVAs, but currently it's not recommended to go above 4.

http://h18026.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12239_div/12239_div.pdf

And 400 vdisks (vdisks, snapshots, snapclone, mirrorclone and containers) per CV instance.

The fact that the new EVA is not discovered is another issue. Both controllers working and logged into fabric? Try rebooting the master controller (you can tell which one is master looking though the menus on the OCP)
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

DJ:

First, check to make sure you have the latest version... 8.0.2

Second, I thought the number was 16 too. i just checked the Design guide... "Up to 16
EVA storage systems can be managed from a single instance of Command View Element
Manager."

Now... there are some best practices.

First, what is running on the server that has Command View on it?

HP Recommends that if you have Command View and you run Perfmon and other utilities, you should limit Command View to only managing a handful of your EVA's (3 or 4 tops).

Second, what type/model/spec server is CV running on?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Official limit is still listed as 16 in the Quickspecs for Command View 8, but "best practice" is to limit it to 4. If your zoning is correct, I don't know why you shouldn't be able to see the new array. Presumably, the switches show the array's ports as correctly logged in. Are the HBA firmware and driver versions current on your Command View server?
DJMC
Regular Advisor

Hi All,
Thanks for you replys on this. After a number of reboots of both controllers the array has now been discovered, not sure what the problem was.

DJ