New Discussion юеВ

EVA5000 firmware upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA5000 firmware upgrade

Hi,

1. The only issue I had was when upgrading from a really old version of VCS. This is "fun" because you have to downgrade Command View to get it to talk to the old version... As you're already on VCS 3.025, you should be fine.

If your EVA was initialised at a version of VCS prior to 3.014 then HP need to run an MDU scan (Meta Data Utility). If HP came in to upgrade you to 3.025, then its likely that this has already been done.

2. Yes it does. If you extract the firmware bundle you'll see the files for the individual drives. If you're just going to 3.028 then you'll have to flash each drive individually - each drive has to be ungrouped first - which could take a long time. There is an alternative offline bundle that can be used, however I don't think it's available as a public download anywhere.

3. Lots of searching, and looking over the shoulder of HP engineers when they upgraded a couple of EVAs !

Cheers,

Rob
Roy Cohen
Advisor

OK,

I have found a major glitch in my plan...

I need to upgrade the HDDs BF03655B2B to HP07
but because i am so far behind i need the firmware HP05 before i can do any upgrade...

Can anyone tell me how to get the Firmware upgrade for this as HP only supply the newest HP07??
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I wasn't aware that you had to upgrade disk firmware in stages...

I've not had experience of the 36GB drives, but I know I've taken a 146GB drive from HP00 to HP04 in one step, without any issues.

Cheers,

Rob
ilayy
Regular Advisor

hi all
i need your urgent help
i have eva5000 with vcs 3.025
i have host running red hat linux
my questions are
1)to which version i have to upgrade? where can i find the upgrade path?

2) is it necessary to do hard disk firmaware upgare?

3)should i upgrade the command view first or the controller firmware first

thanks in advance