1748123 Members
3400 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HORCM - 2 Servers, BKP and PRD

Alzhy
Honored Contributor

HORCM - 2 Servers, BKP and PRD

AM a noobie on HORCM, and am trying to test it. And I just want to check with experts out there if my config is correct as far as services and HORCM_INST Entries:

BKPSRV:
horcm0 11000/udp
horcm1 11001/udp

horcm0.conf
HORCM_MON
bkpsrv horcm0 1000 3000

HORCM_INST
oradg prdsrv horcm1

PRDSRV:
horcm0 11000/udp
horcm1 11001/udp

horcm1.conf
HORCM_MON
prdsrv horcm1 1000 3000

HORCM_INST
oradg bkpsrv horcm0

And my gyrations on each server is controlled by setting my HORCMINST variable and the -v directive?

Many thanks!
Hakuna Matata.
5 REPLIES 5
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

While you are waiting for responses, help another even newernoob... what is HORCM and what are you using it for?

T.

Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Tim,

HORCM == Raid Manager/XP (a Hitachi Software that is similar to EMC BCVs -- in-array delta-clone/snapshot solution).

It looks like my readings of the manuals and several resources on the web proved correct.

Am now able to perform setting up my initial paircreate, etc...

Hakuna Matata.
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Cool.. I learned something new today.

A virtual 10 points to you.

Thanks.

T.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

@Tim: more info is here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodClassId=-1&contentType=SupportManual&docIndexId=64255&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=66186

HP StorageWorks XP RAID Manager User's Guide (T1610-96010, June 2008)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSeriesId=66186&targetPage=http%3A%2F%2Fbizsupport.austin.hp.com%2Fbc%2Fdocs%2Fsupport%2FSupportManual%2Fc01479768%2Fc01479768.pdf

HP StorageWorks XP RAID Manager (XP RAID Manager) enables you to configure and control data
replication and data protection on XP disk arrays. This product interfaces with the host system software
and host high availability (HA) software, and with the XP Business Copy Software and XP Continuous
Access Software on the disk array(s).
This guide provides instructions for installing and using this product on UNIX, Microsoft Windows,
OpenVMS, and MPE/iX. It has an extensive command reference section and additional information
on configuration, failover, and failback.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Torsten,

AS I really am on a fastrack here.. would you mind guiding me or showing me a sampl confs for cascaded BCOPY sets? I thought from one PVOL - one can have up to 7 or 9 S-VOLs?

We've such a need in concert with implementing soon External Storage/XP using our XP12000 as a virtualization array for pretty much all the other HP and non-HP arrays that we have.

Thanks.

Hakuna Matata.