1752762 Members
4930 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hp modular SAN array 1000 configuration on Solaris 10

zaheer.appsdba

Hp modular SAN array 1000 configuration on Solaris 10

Hi All,

I a newbie for HP storage technologies, we have one old storage array "compaq San Modular array 1000". I want to configure this san array as per my requirement.

This will be connected to Sun Solaris 10 sparc machine for Installing RAC.

please can any one point me some resources(docs) how to create luns and assign luns on this storage array.

Already i connected FC cable to one of the server but still not able to see HDD.

thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi!

1- You can use ACU, ACU-CLI or the CLI to configure the storage.
2- A lot of these MSA1000 has a built-in SAN-switch on the back of the controller(s), you may have to configure this as well (remove zoning).
Most have an embedded 2/8 Brocade SAN switch.

ACU - graphical interface, you can boot an HP server on the smart-start CD and it should find it.

ACU-CLI - can be installed on a *nix server.

CLI - connect with special MSA1000 cable in the front of the MSA controller. Use hyperterm to configure LUNs.

Manuals and guides can be found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManualтМй=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=377751
zaheer.appsdba

Hi,

Many thanks for the information provided.

From the link below i understand that first we need to connect the Storage to any of the server with the supported OS, then Install the ACU for that OS, then only its possible to create luns and manage storage.

From the link provided the ACU software can only be Installed on HP-UX, WIn, Linux, Open VMS. There is no solaris.

thanks,
X A H E E R
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

OK.

If you only have Solaris - then you can boot it from the smartstart CD.