108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 30 Connected to MSA 1000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rakesh_26
Advisor

MSA 30 Connected to MSA 1000

I have recently purchased 2 x MSA 30 to be attached to my MSA 1000 to increase Capacity.

However when connected to the MSA 1000 i get "21 scannig for SCSI DEVICES" leaving me unable to view MSA as a contrller on my server. i have checked firmaware to comply with the 4.32 version.

Can some one help.
17 REPLIES 17
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor
Solution

Rakesh,

Are you adding these MSA30's fully loaded with hard drives or are they empty when you are connecting to the MSA1000.

Start with empty MSA30's and see if the MSA1000 is able to boot. Then add hdds one by one because you probably have a bad hdd that is hanging the bus. If they MSA30's were already empty, try adding a single MSA30 one by one to identify the issue.

Ciao,
Greg
Lets Roll!
Rakesh_26
Advisor

Thank for the response.
Yep i have tried, without placing disks into the cages.

I have also tried placing 1x MSA 30 at a time, still same problem. Hoever if i remove both MSA 30 and connect just the MSA 1000 to my server i am able to see the MSA in my ACU.

Any more suggestion or help would be great.

Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

What kind of MSA 30 do you have? What is the model number?
Lets Roll!
Rakesh_26
Advisor

The Model is = HP MSA30 S-B Enclousure.

Rakesh_26
Advisor

Product Number is 302969-B21
Rakesh_26
Advisor

any one out there, with any help or suggestions
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi Rakesh,

have you tried shutting everything down and reseating the SCSI module at the back of the MSA1000? Are your cables connected tightly (screwed in, too)?
Try the following power-on sequence:
- MSA30 shelf 1
- MSA30 shelf 2
- MSA1000 shelf

Waiting 1 minute between each step.

I suspect that you are not getting too many responses because you have already assigned 8 or more points to a response - this means a bunny shows up on the thread list, and others might see that and think "Oh, there's a bunny, so that person's problem is solved. I don't need read that thread"

Regards,
Stephen
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Huh? That's a rather a reason for looking into the thread to learn what the solution was (or not) - at least for me ;-)
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi Uwe,

OK, point taken :-) Could also be because yesterday was a holiday in some countries.

Stephen