Disk Enclosures
1751799 Members
5645 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: The MSA 2040 Sets New Standards for $/IOPS in Entry SAN, 3x to 4x Today’s Competition

storagetechsol
Occasional Advisor

The MSA 2040 Sets New Standards for $/IOPS in Entry SAN, 3x to 4x Today’s Competition

Hi Experts/Community,

Fast: The MSA 2040 Sets New Standards for $/IOPS in Entry SAN, 3x to 4x Today’s Competition:

• 4 Port Converged SAN controller with 4GB Cache supporting Fiber Channel translates into better application response time and ability to support more virtualized environments.

this feature has been a part of new 3PAR file controller and many customer prefer 3PAR over MSA product

Some convincing fact are required

thx.

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage to Disk arrays. - Hp Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES 6
srinip
Occasional Advisor

Re: The MSA 2040 Sets New Standards for $/IOPS in Entry SAN, 3x to 4x Today’s Competition

3PAR file controller is more of a NAS solution.

I WORK FOR HP
Siva_HP
Advisor

MSA is targetted for SMB and 3PAR is for Midrange Enterprise customers

I work for HP
storagetechsol
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Siva... but I am looking for more precise document on MSA2040 and comparison in terms of peformance over other storage proucts.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Are the MSA/P2000-line no longer dothill boxes but 3PAR instead?

Are there any performance benchmarks available for the MSA2040?
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Are the MSA/P2000-line no longer dothill boxes but 3PAR instead?

No, they aren't 3PAR and probably not yellow either.  ;-)

Joe.Schmo
Occasional Contributor

At Discover in June, discussed upcoming iScsi support with several HP engineers /reps.  Any idea when this will be available?

-jl-