1753326 Members
4773 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA3000 Not Detected

Charles Klima
Occasional Advisor

EVA3000 Not Detected

We have a small setup- 2 HSV100 controllers, 2 disc enclosures, 1 SAN Appliance II, FC SAN Switch 2/16 EL- for testing parts, as we are a reseller. Everything used to work great. We could see the controllers and disk enclosures thru Command View EVA, create vdisks, etc. Then we went to set up a host server to present vdisks to and things have gone south. The vdisks never became visible to the host server (DL380 G4, with FCA2101 HBA) even though the server's name and the wwn of the HBA were visible to the SAN Appliance. The first thing I did was upgrade the firmware on the HBA in the SAN APP.(DS-KGPSA-CB) at which point the HSV's and disk enclosures were no longer detected by the SAN APP. Then, I believe I got a virus or something (having had to connect to the Internet for upgrades) which made it necessary to re-install the SAN APP. II OS. After re-installation, the HSV's, disk enclosures and disks were visible, but I couldn't access them: get diagnostic info, create vdisks, do a shutdown. All I get is "HTTP 404 not found". Other problems: would use FCA2101 or some other 2Gb HBA in SAN App., but it always blue screens on start up, or when I try to load drivers.
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You should check that the Command View EVA service is started up...

Actually, given what you've said, it might be that Command View EVA isn't actually installed.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Charles Klima
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
Thanks for responding. The SAN Appliance II is running Openview storage management software v2.1. On the left side of Command View EVA, I can see the icons for uninitialized storage system, and further down, the disk enclosures and the controller enclosures. I can even see the green individual disk icons. But when I click on the icons, the only thing that shows up on the right side is "HTTP status 404, not found" instead of the information about the highlighted icon, the ability to create vdisks, shutdown, etc.. It's like some management agent isn't running, except every service seems to be running. I'm thinking maybe one of the HSV controllers is bad. They both have red lights on the OCP because there are no cache batteries. But this has not been a problem in the past.
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

OK. I'm guessing that because you've reinstalled the SMA that Command View EVA is now too old to recognise the VCS firmware on the HSV controllers.

Can you try and work out what version of Command View you're running and what version of VCS ?

Cheers,

Rob
Charles Klima
Occasional Advisor

Actually, I think I found the answer to my immediate problem on someone else's thread. They upgraded their HBA firmware and weren't able to detect their HSV until they downgraded it again. That is exactly where my trouble started: upgrading HBA firmware. My concern is finding the earlier version of the firmware to downgrade to. The HBA is an Emulex LP8000(DS-KGPSA-CB).
Charles Klima
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very much, but I think I have to close this thread. i now have too many variables. I'll start all over again at a later date.
shIVinator.
Valued Contributor

I had the exact same problem. Here is something quick you could try, use the SCSIPort driver for the HBA and make sure that CV matches the version of VCS.

Duane