1752601 Members
4396 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA4400 Question regarding part numbers

pside15
Occasional Advisor

EVA4400 Question regarding part numbers

We have 2 EVA4400 controller chassis and everything appears to be the same on them but they have different part#'s. One of them is an AG637A and the other one is an AG637B. According to partsurfer everything is the same but I was wondering if anyone here had any additional insight on this. I have looked all over the web but have found nothing regarding the, if any, differences in the 2 part numbers.

4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA4400 Question regarding part numbers

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12893_div/12893_div.html

The EVA4400 Dual Controller array can be added on-site into existing EVA configurations (or qualified rack systems), using the AG637A SKU.

One 2U controller enclosure with two HSV300 controller module, mounting hardware, cables, controller mounting. Order one unit for each EVA4400 array configuration.
AG637B
Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

AG637A and AG637B are just different revisions of the same product. There are no functional differences - most likely some production related changes. I don't think AG637A should be in the Quick Specs any longer, since this product number is obsolete.

Regards,
Sebastian
pside15
Occasional Advisor

That's exactly what I thought as well. But now I found out that the AG637A doesn't support 8GBps on the host ports. It downgrades to 4GB when using an 8GB SFP. The AG638B doesn't do this.

Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

I don't think so! The EVA4400 has only 4Gb/s FC frontend/backend ports. From the QuickSpecs...

Fibre Channel Technology
The EVA4400 models are 4Gb/s FC Switched Fabric enabled and are compatible with 8Gb/s, 4Gb/s or 2Gb/s FC Switched Fabric SANs with XCS v10.0.

Is it possible, that the 2nd EVA has embedded switches installed? Those are 8Gb/s, but the EVA host ports remain 4Gb/s.

Regards,
Sebastian