4561 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: EVA4440: Eva NVRAM Uptime invalid

sam bell
Regular Advisor

EVA4440: Eva NVRAM Uptime invalid

Hi,

since about two weeks controller 2 of our EVA 4400 (XCS 10) logs the following error message:

Eva NVRAM Uptime invalid

Actually this is logged once every second, thus generating a large amount of messages in the controller event log and windows event log. In addition this seems to cause the postgres DB on the command view appliance to consume much CPU load (because of the high amount of messages being logged).

I've already  opended a case on this - but if anyone has an idea it would be appreciated!

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, are you on CV 9.4?

Does it say what the uptime is?

Have you restarted the controller?

Nothing changed 2 weeks ago?
sam bell
Regular Advisor

Hi,

CV is 9.4, no change was made (at least I am not aware of any changes except the XCS 10 Upgrade on Aug 19th), haven't tried a restart yet (would rather wait for maintenance in a month...).

I can't see where the uptime is displayed in CV, do you know where to look for this?

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hey, no I do not know where to see it if it's not in the event itself. Maybe it's in the configuration dump somewhere? Or the WOCP?

I hope you do not see any events like "discarded events" or whatever it's called when there's so many events coming in.
sam bell
Regular Advisor

Unfortunately I don't see any information about the uptime, neither in the logfile dump nor in WOCP or CV. I'll wait for the HP techs getting back to me then. Thanks!

sam bell
Regular Advisor

HP adviced to reboot and reseat the controllers - unfortunately this only helped for some hours and then the error came back! Regarding to HP the error is not known at the moment...

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Reseat!?

As in take them out and put them back in?
sam bell
Regular Advisor

Yes, exactly! The reboot didn't work anyway...controller didn't came up after the reboot. Then, after the reseat it came up with "Soft diagnostic failure" and only after another reboot everything was fine. At least for some hours...

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Wow ok.

Did you hear what NVRAM this is referring to? Is it on something inside the controller?
Is it where the code/firmware is stored?

There is a card on the riser module inside the controller shelf. It holds serial number and WWN and some more stuff. From what I found it doesn't keep uptime but maybe that's just not in my documentation.

sam bell
Regular Advisor

HP will send a replacement controller. Once I have replaced the controller I will have a look at it and search for numbers from the logfiles.