HPE EVA Storage
1753428 Members
4779 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: P6300 - Bad cabling configuration detected in the backend devices cabling - 2C4D

SOLVED
Go to solution

P6300 - Bad cabling configuration detected in the backend devices cabling - 2C4D

Hello community,

I recently installed online a new disk enclosure for an already online-upgraded P6300.

Initially they array had 2 disk enclosures. Some time ago I added a third below the others with no issues following the installation instructions.

Now I follow the same steps to add a fourth disk enclosure but it went not that good. Enclosure was recognized with its disks but event log sporadically logs a message like this for both controllers:

***Critical event*** Controller 2 Bad cabling configuration detected in the backend devices cabling. - 0685992d
I've uploaded images with the intermediate 2C3D cabling and the final 2C4D. The initial 2C2D was the same as in the M6625 installation intructions.

No other hardware warnings/alerts in Command View.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

Regards

1 REPLY 1
Solution

Re: P6300 - Bad cabling configuration detected in the backend devices cabling - 2C4D

Hi,

I decided to unplug and plug cables again and now there are no more errors. So cabling was good after all.

Thanks