Feedback
1747994 Members
5019 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How I update my forum propfile? I do not work for the company anymore and want to change my emai

atiqmalik
Advisor

How I update my forum propfile? I do not work for the company anymore and want to change my email

9 REPLIES 9
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How I update my forum profile? I do not work for the company anymore and want to change my email

If you are on a category or board, you can click on User Settings > My preferences on the right:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

There at the top is:

Edit HP Passport >  User ID - Password - Contact information - Security question

Hmm, when I try changing my Contact info, it asks me to login again but refuses to take my password.

And when I log out of the EBC and try getting back in, it works fine.  ???

Chhaya_Z
Valued Contributor

Re: How I update my forum propfile? I do not work for the company anymore and want to change my emai

Hi,

Please try editing your HP profile, there is an option to change the email ID.

link: https://passport2.hp.com/hppcf/modifyuser.do?hpappid=lithium-2&lang=en&cc=en&applandingpage=%2Fhppcf...

Regards,
Chhaya

I am an HP employee.
Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How I update my forum profile? I do not work for the company anymore and want to change my email

While the EBC forum was unavailable this morning, I used the HP Passport on the HPSC site to change things.

>Please try editing your HP profile, there is an option to change the email ID.

Thanks.  When you originally posted this, the URL didn't work.  Now it does.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Now it does.

And now it doesn't.  :-(

Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

I find that the Passport "change contact information" link works flawlessly if I am logged in and my session is live. If my session has expired, I have sometimes had to log back into the Community before trying Passport again. 

Thanks,
Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>change contact information" link works flawlessly if I am logged in and my session is live.

Not for me.  I get:

User ID or password is incorrect. Please try again.

I have to use a non EBC forum (HPSC) passport to change it.

And when I try to login to the forum after it expires, I have the problem with firefox where it just hangs in the HPPassport authentication.

So I have to go back twice, then open the Login in a new tab, and bob's your uncle.

Looks like the normal link is working now.

Chhaya_Z
Valued Contributor

Yes, even I face the same issue when I acess from EBP forum.  The link I gave in previous post seems to work though (I think I got it from consumer support forum).

Regards,
Chhaya

I am an HP employee.
Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.
Jasvir819
Frequent Advisor

Go to Contact Information:

Here you can change your  Information.

Regads:

Jasvir Singh

atiqmalik
Advisor

Dont know how I ended up in this situation but I have many emails and many accounts. I want to close all and keep one. I can tell moving from Mercury to HP Forums/Support was a horrible experience ... Sometimes I could not login to my account, sometimes I could not reset my password, sometimes I did not want to use my account that was associated with a previous employer ... This is one horrible experience. Transition from Mercury to HP and how HP handled migration without taking into consideration contractors who move from client to client and end up creating multiple accounts ...

Shorter version: I tried to change my email and now getting the email is associated with another account. When I try to recover password on this email HP Forums is telling me email does not exist ... What a horrible experience!

Oh well, I'm going to create yet another account because I need to use the forums ... Thank God free email accounts are in abundance ...