Other HPE Product Questions
1751907 Members
5313 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

1. System_thread_exception.... atikmdag.sys problem. 2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

IgorsZimins

1. System_thread_exception.... atikmdag.sys problem. 2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

Hi there

I am almost angry and upset. -

Introducing my problem:

Today I bought a HP laptop and already I have problems with it. and I did not download anything, except - 1. chrome 2. firefox 3. Avast 4. Superantyspywhere. 5. cc cleaner 6. skype

Also I have downloaded drivers and recommended stuff from "Hp Support assistant" - about 15 things: different drivers and so on.

I have visited only most popular internet websites - google, facebook. youtube, gmail, vkontakte, livejournal, translit.ru.

All this means that I do not have any viruses.

Actual problem: when I play youtube videos, or any other videos from websites, computer stops and blue screen pops out. On blue screen is written - "System_thread_exception_not_handled" and "Atikmdag.sys". then computer restarts.

Alright, is this normal if I bought computer and started using it about 6 hours ago, and already about 8 times blue screen appeared?

Is this normal that I spoke with my friend on skype through microphone for an hour or two, and then microphone suddenly stops working?

How I tried to fix "Blue Screen" -

1 .I read staff on google about it, downloaded CCcleaner as one advisor said, launched it and "cleaned" my computer.

2. I have downloaded HP support assistant and downloaded all it recommended.

- but nothing works.

I dont know what to do with microphone - its not working.

So what do you recommend me to do? - I am really unhappy, because 3 years ago I bought laptop from the same shop, and it had similar problems - blue screen popped up and it restarted, now again another laptop has these problems. WHats that?

Is there any solution? or esiest way is to take it back to shop and take my money back, and never buy anything at this shop again?

I have windows 8.1

2 REPLIES 2
IgorsZimins

Re: 1. System_thread_exception.... atikmdag.sys problem. 2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

About microphone:

I restarted computer, restarted skype, checked settings - nothing works

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: 1. System_thread_exception.... atikmdag.sys problem. 2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

What model HP laptop do you have?

This is a peer to peer forum, not an official HP support site.
Have you tried contacting the HPSC?
http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc