108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Crucial links broken

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Crucial links broken

Some links on HP site are broken lately.One in particular which is very important at times for Pavilion owners who do a System Recovery and lose access to their files titled "HP Pavilion and Compaq Presario PCs - Unable to Access Data from User Accounts after a System Recovery in Windows XP"

Link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=nph00268&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
3 REPLIES 3
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for reporting this,

How do you navigate to that doc? do you enter the criteria in a search or browse the Pavilion/Presario pages?

I found this one in the BSC:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=nph00268&prodSeriesId=436089&prodTypeId=18972

Is there much of a difference between this one and the Pavilion/Presario document?

Thanks again,

Gary

Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Gary
Thanks for the prompt attention to this.Actually,I have had the page bookmarked for some time now for quick reference when I needed to refer a poster to it. But,I have used the Search function at top of Pavilion forum and it directed me to a list of suggestions that usually contained the link I posted.I did that yesterday when my bookmark no longer worked and the search offered me the same broken link.
The page you linked to has pretty much the same info,may even be the exact same, and will work fine.I will change my bookmark to this one.
Thanks!
``````````````````````
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Cheryl G.
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Gary
I just noticed the original link is working again.John Yelton had posted it for a Pavilion owner in need of the info and I thought,uh-oh he will need the new link,but joy,it is working!
Thanks so much.John also expressed his gratitude to you when I mentioned the issue,since he has it bookmarked like many of us who offer support here.
``````````````````````