1753774 Members
7163 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Data Protector backups not working - Clients on 'wrong' cell manager

laser-agg
Occasional Contributor

HP Data Protector backups not working - Clients on 'wrong' cell manager

I was called in to troubleshoot a backup system for a small isolated network that logs show backups started failing 14 months ago.

From the Cell Manager, i tried to check the install files on the clients and got an error that the client was on a different cell, but there is supposed to only be one cell on this network.  The Cell Manager is named   "xxname" but the clients report they are on cell "xxname.lnam.local"

From the client, i can connect to the 'old' Cell Manager at "xxname" and am promted to accept a certificate download, then supply a user name and password.   .  My attempts at the Cell Manager to add admin users with passwords have proven unfruitful to satisfy this username/password request.   The 'new' Cell Manager that the clients connect to by default doesn't show to have a certificate to issue

I think this is a hostname issue from a security patch that was pushed out many months ago, and the backup system was never checked aftewards.  I'm guessing that i need to change the name of the Cell Manger to "xxname.lnam.local" and retain the same certificate, or migrate the clients back to the 'old' Cell Manager.

Thanks for any help.

dp

1 REPLY 1
Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Re: HP Data Protector backups not working - Clients on 'wrong' cell manager

Hi,

You have reached the wrong company forum.

HP Data Protector is part of the new Software Community: http://community.saas.hpe.com, from Micro Focus. 

Therefore, please post your question on the SM forum category there.

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png