Other HPE Product Questions
1748211 Members
4924 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP replaces defective product with defective refurb products

CA760329

HP replaces defective product with defective refurb products

I've had a constant problem with HP refusing to replace a defective product under warranty with a NEW product. All I have gotten is 2 defective refurbed units, the second of which went South today. All I get fromn HP CS is "Sorry we can only replace it with another refurb" and have been waiting several weeks for any response from HP on an upgraded replacement and to top it off I have had NO response to several emails to HP management on the situation!

It is obvious to me that HP does not give a darn about the small businessperson.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Your Questions Regarding Business Support Forums (Legacy BSC forum) to HP oSupport Center (Website) Feedback & Suggestions - Hp Forum MOderator

2 REPLIES 2
CA538024
Honored Contributor

Re: HP replaces defective product with defective refurb products

Hi James,

I'm sorry you're having the difficulty you describe. However, I'm afraid I'm unable to return and/or exchange products via this forum.

You don't mention what HP product you're using (i.e. printer, computer), so I'm afraid I cannot even point you in the right direction.

Finally, I did have to edit your post to change a potentially offensive word. Although I know you didn't mean to offend anyone, we try to keep these forums family-friendly, so I must ask that you refrain from using such language on these forums in the future.

Kathy
Forum Administrator
Jesse Maddox
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP replaces defective product with defective refurb products

James, I have had several problems with my new HP computer. It would just restart in the middle of any application, just after 1 month of owning it. HP says, well we can send you one that was broken, that we fixed in exchange for your 1 month old computer?!

If I wanted a refurbished one I would have bought one online for less than half of the price I paid for a new one!!

I will never buy HP products ever again. This was my 4th HP computer, and I have never had trouble till now. I think it has something to do with the merger of HP and Compaq!

Maybe they think, you know what, we are about to merge with Compaq, and are about to make several hundred million dollars, so why do we care about the people who got us here in the first place.

As an added bonus for the customer, instead of including a backup recovery CD, if the hard drive crashes we can charge them, $9.99, and they can shut down their office for 2 working days while they wait for the disks to show up in the mail!

Also if you have a second hard drive set as "slave" installed in the computer and try to do recovery, the recovery program leaves the master hard drive (the one containing the os and recovery app) alone, and instead overwrites everything on the "slave" drive with the recovery data that was meant for the Master drive.

Hp's solution?
unplug everything, open the computer, disconnect the hard drive, close the computer, plug everything back in, turn on the computer, run the system recovery, reboot when done, shut down, unplug everything, open the computer, plug back in the hard drive, close the computer, plug everything back in, and then power up!!!