3615 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM 7.04: trying to integrate a pacemaker cluster

blentes
Frequent Advisor

HP SIM 7.04: trying to integrate a pacemaker cluster

Hi,
First: i hope this is the right forum to ask for HP SIM. I searched the hp community wit "SIM", and most results came from this forum. But there were also SIM related stuff in other forums.
We have several HP servers running, and a HP FC SAN. I currently established a two node cluster with pacemaker on SLES 11 SP4. Pacemaker has a resource agent "ClusterMon" which is intended to be used for monitoring the cluster via SNMP.
What i did already:
I configured SNMP. I created on both nodes a resource for the ClusterMon agent. I added pcmk-mib.mib and linux-ha-mib.mib from the pacemaker package to SIM using mcompile and mxbin. They are both listet now with mxmib -l.  I added one node to SIM. I have a successfull initial data collection from it and it is shown in "Events" as "Discovered system". When i mgrate e.g. a resource, several smnp packets are sent to the SIM server (checked with tcpdump). But i see nothing in events. What do i have to do that messages from the agent are shown in "Events" and i can configure SIM furthermore that i get e-Mails if something relevant happens in the cluster.

Thanks.

Bernd

2 REPLIES 2
blentes
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP SIM 7.04: trying to integrate a pacemaker cluster

i investigated it further. Choosing Options ==> Events ==> SNMP ==> PCMK-MIB.mib i see no traps.
Also "mxmib -t PCMK-MIB.mib" shows no traps. It seems my mib file is broken ...

Bernd

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HPE SIM 7.04: trying to integrate a pacemaker cluster

As you found out, HPE SIM questions were moved to the SW forum.  Your new topic:

https://community.saas.hpe.com/t5/Systems-Insight-Manager-Forum/adding-a-pacemaker-cluster-to-HP-SIM-7-4/m-p/1596730