108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP ASE Storage

Go to solution
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor

HP ASE Storage

Hi All,

I want to do the exam HP0-241 which is an ASE exam. If I am acompleting the exam HP0-621( Data protector) can I appear for the same? Hp Site says This exam has been replaced by #HP0-656. This exam will retire on 31 August 2005. Accepted for certification until 1 January 2006. What does this mean.

Can I have the full details about this ? I want to do my ASE certification choosing data protector path.

Regards,
Syam
7 REPLIES 7
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor

Hi,

HP site says Data Protector 5.1 Basics for UNIX Exam #HP0-621 will no longer be accepted as an elective to this credential( HP-AIS) after 31 August 2005.
http://www.hp.com/certification/ap/ais_storageworks.html
So cant I use this as a pre requisite for ASE after tomorrow??

Regards,
Syam
Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Syam,

DP 5.1 is no longer considered for HP ASE -storageworks, after 31st august.

You need to complete DP5.5 (HP0-656). If you have completed HP0-241, then you have completed the core requirements. But 656 is an elective exam for ASE.

Was this your question?

With regards,
Mohan.
Attitude, Not aptitude, determines your altitude
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I already prepared DP 5.1 and now came to know that it is not a valid selection for AIS storage works. I would like to know How many exams I will have to write to get a MASE. What all? I want to include DP and EVA in my curriculam path.

Regards,
Syam
Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Syam,

Let me try to give you a possible exam path for MASE - Storageworks.

HP0-803
HP0-402
HP0-841
HP0-773
HP0-656
HP0-728
HP0-815

The above 7 exams will include EVA and Dataprotector and will entitle you for MASE - HP Storageworks.

With regards,
Mohan.
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for all your previous replys.Can you suggest me any kind of sample questions available for HP0-402.

Regards,
Syam
Mohanasundaram_1
Honored Contributor

HI Syam,

I am sorry, I do not have any sample questions for HP0-402. I myself did HP0-680. But the questions in the preparation guide seems to be relevant.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/hpcp/epgs/HP0-402_EPG.pdf

HP0-402 may include the questions from EVA4000/6000/8000 products.

With regards,
Mohan.
Ranjith_5
Honored Contributor

Hi Mohan,

I have the epg..i hope if i can refer more questions..I wanted to do the certification in few days if possible.

Regards,
Syam