1752565 Members
5400 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

System Management Homepage - Displays no info

bwatson2

System Management Homepage - Displays no info

Hi,

I have a Dl580 running Win 2003 Server - Enterprise edition, which I setup using SmartStart 7.8 (Latest)

The problem is with the System Management Homepage - I can login ok but no info is displayed in the System info pane, also the system model is showing as unknown.

The PSP from SmartStart CD installed all the management agents ok.

This server is also running Command View EVA which is accessed via the Management Homepage and everything here runs ok.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Re: System Management Homepage - Displays no info

Which generation of DL580?

Are any of the services that are set to Automatic not started?

Are there any devices showing up in Device Manager with a yellow-bang? Same question but this time 'show hidden devices'?

Is the SMH (System Management Homepage) able to read the IML (Integrated Management Log)? If so, what is listed in there?
bwatson2

Thanks for your reply

Server is a G2
All services are running ok
The log shows nothing of interest.
Don't know if this is relevant or not -
When I installed the proliant PSP the ILO services failed to install because SNMP wasn't installed - I installed and configured SNMP and reinstalled ILO service (now running ok) is there any other windows service required by the SMH??
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Your point about SNMP is probably relevant. I've seen systems exhibit the behavior you've described when they couldn't contact HP SIM (Systems Insight Manager) due to a firewall block of SNMP.

Make sure that SNMP is configured correctly for your environment. Restart the SNMP service, and attempt to reinstall the PSP (ProLiant Support Pack). That MAY correct the issue.

Regarding your question of service dependencies of the SMH (System Management Homepage), I'm sure there are probably some, but I don't know.
bwatson2

Hi,

Thanks again - SNMP is running ok and is setup correctly and this system insn't firewalled at the moment.

I am planning to remove the PSP and perform a firmware upgrade then re-install PSP over the weekend. Will let you know if I get any joy.

Cheers
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

I had exactly the same problem. Install/start the SNMP service and re-install the PSP and it should be fine.