1748219 Members
4587 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Feedback on new site (ribbons)

TomSmith
Regular Advisor

Re: Feedback on new site

OK, lets talk about what I like about the new cummunity point by point.

Perhaps we should at least mention what we like about the new site?

1) It doesn't switch back and forth between the two servers. (This is a plus)

2) PMs (Major negative, only encourages the chance that valuable parts of a post will remain hidden from the community.)

3) Ability to edit and delete your own posts.(Does not matter to me)

4) tagging (Does not matter to me)

5) The N forums are now merged together.  Except for HP Support Forum. (I am not sure what you mean)

6) A single signon, until your snooze. (Not a big deal for me)

7) Moderators that can actually get the software changed.(Never saw fit to ask for a change in the old forum.)

8) Better builtin search.(Search is definitely not better, perhaps there is a learning curve here, but what kind of upgrade makes searching more complicated?)

My 2 cents.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>5) The N forums are now merged together.  Except for HP Support Forum. (I am not sure what you mean)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Perhaps we should at least mention what we like about the new site?

1) It doesn't switch back and forth between the two servers. (minor bonus)

2) PMs (Major negative, only encourages the chance that valuable parts of a post will remain hidden from the community. - DEFINITELY AGREE)

3) Ability to edit and delete your own posts.(I like this)

4) tagging (Does not matter to me - agree)

5) The N forums are now merged together.  Except for HP Support Forum. (I am not sure what you mean - me either)

6) A single signon, until your snooze. (Not a big deal for me - giant PITA for me)

7) Moderators that can actually get the software changed.(Not sure what this means.)

8) Better builtin search.(Search is definitely not better, perhaps there is a learning curve here, but what kind of upgrade makes searching more complicated? AGREE, but more importantly - WHY? - google is the go to for any sysadmin looking for information, be it with HP or anywhere else)

9) The ability to highlight text

Pete
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Dennis,

I still don't know what the heck "N forums" are!

Pete
Stephan.
Honored Contributor

Wild guess "several numbers of forums"?

They consolidated a lot of forums here so ... 

Best,

Stephan

Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Stephan, maybe you would know - why does the tag next to your name say "HP Alliance"?  For that matter, why does mine say "Founder"?

Pete
Stephan.
Honored Contributor

No Idea to be honest, I already asked but got no final answer for it.

Founder got the guys as far as I know which are registered since the beginning of the ITRC forums, but not sure about it.

Stephan

rrugg00
Advisor

Hello,

I guess I missed the entire period when this migration was happening.  I had to register from scratch for this new forum.  Is my old CAxxxxxxx username gone?  Sorry to have you revisit this.  Could I still go through the migration steps?

Roberto

RR
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Roberto,

There is a conversion process.  Here is a thread describing the difficulties experienced during migration.  Following the process described here should help you.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/Please-help-my-old-ITRC-account-is-not-migrated/m-p/4809163#M728

Pete
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Feedback on new site (ribbons)

>I still don't know what the heck "N forums" are!

Well, the ITRC.  The old BSC forum, migrated last year.

There seems to be a whole bunch of blogs and other stuff I've never seen on either of the above two.

>why does mine say "Founder"?

Only because you were there when the forum was migrated.