1748167 Members
4002 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Edit Post problem?

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Edit Post problem?

I have noticed that whenever I edit a post that I recently submitted and click "Post" when I am finished, I am redirected back to the "Community Home" page.  I check and the post is edited properly, but its annoying that I am dropped back to the home page rather return to the board that I was working in.

Just me?  Its happened twice.  Im using Chrome v28

-Bob

(test edit)

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
6 REPLIES 6
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Just me?

I just tried it and it worked fine for me.

Try this one.  And again it works fine.

I do have "Show confirmation pages for posts" turned on.

>the grey box near the top of the page says:

What grey box?

I see "Success! Your post was edited." just above the post I edit.

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

It has happened to me too. (And happened again when editing this message.)

Also, after replying to a thread, the grey box near the top of the page says:

form.MessageEditor.action.Submit.success.reply

which seems like the class name of the thing that should be displaying the correct reply.

My own replies are also shown as "unread messages" to me, which makes little sense.

I'm using Firefox 22, Linux x86_64.

MK
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Just tried duplicating this, but not having any luck in re-creating the issue (which in turn obviously makes it hard to try and fix the root cause).

I've tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome - all three result in the same behavior (a "Success! Your post was edited." message and a return to the message page).

Also had another community admin give it a try, and he's seeing the same thing I am.

If anyone who *is* experiencing this issue can share any additional details or clues, we'll continue to try and see if we can figure out what's happening.

I work for HPE.
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

the grey box near the top of the page says:

I have also seen this.  Going to a new page "clears" this..not sure about a page refresh though.  Though this has not happened today, nor does it always.  Ill have to keep note of this if it continues.

My own replies are also shown as "unread messages" to me, which makes little sense.

Ditto on both the issue and the sentiment.  Again, more an annoyance.

Also, I do not see the "Success!" message after editing.

I edited this post after enabling the "Show confirmation pages for posts"

-Bob

----------------
Warren_Admin
Respected Contributor

As mentioned before by my colleague Kevin_Paul, we are trying to duplicate these errors, so far without success.

We appreciate the platform and browser information. That's always relevant. 

Another data point that appears to have relevance is how long a session goes. So if you run into one of these conditions, please include a rough estimate of how long you were logged in before you did the editing. We don't need timestamps; just some notion. The more information we have (screen shots are useful as well), the better chance we have of duplicating the condition, etc.

Warren_Admin, HP Enterprise Community Manager
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not intended to represent HP

Thanks,
Warren_Admin

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

I found I had the "Show Confirmation Post" option disabled.  I re-enabled it, but after editing a prev. post the symptoms didnt change.   Trying a new post to see if there is a difference.

-Bob

Maybe this is related, maybe not, but here is that "grey bar" that has been mentioned showing my post "success".

testimage.jpg

----------------