3147 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VCX to FXS FAX, HOW TO?

Go to solution
cdg
Occasional Visitor

VCX to FXS FAX, HOW TO?

I need to be able to send and receive FAX from our V7111 2FXS/FXO gateway.

Right now, I can send fax but cannot receive. How do I tell the VCX that the ext 499 is on FXS port 1 of my gateway?

I have setup the endpoint on the V7111 gateway as per the documentation.

A Phone and user have been setup on the VCX. (I don't see any phone registration for that phone (ext 499))

Is seems the VCX doesn't route the calls as he thinks the ext 499 is not active (no phone registered).

How do I register the analogue fax? Endpoint settings/authentication is properly configured. If the authentication is not set I can't make calls. So it seems correctly setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
John_Katzmaier
Valued Contributor

Hi cdg,

There needs to be some configuration changes made to the gateway, specifically about the Phone Number, the Authentication (user name and password) of the port on the FXS, and call routing. Where these changes are made depends on the software version running on the gateway. Please let us know what software version you have on the gateway.

cdg
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Thanks for your reply.

My problem was fixed by modifying the Routing Tables\IP to Hunt Group Routing Table\   

Dest. Phone Prefix  Source Phone Prefix  Source IP Address  Hunt Group ID  Profile ID
4*   *   *  1  9 

And changing the Subscription Mode for my Gateway to "Per Endpoint."