1752777 Members
6129 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

IPM 7.1 changing IP and NTP address

CvilleTech
Occasional Contributor

IPM 7.1 changing IP and NTP address

Can anyone tell me the correct way to change the NTP and I might have to change IP address on IPM due to network re-configure.

Thanks

stephen

4 REPLIES 4
Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

Re: IPM 7.1 changing IP and NTP address

Be careful. There's something weird with vcx enterprise where the vcx-configure and/or vcx-reconfigure scripts only work on one or the other. Can't remember exactly, I've only heard it secondhand.

jwhitley
Advisor

How many servers on your VCX? You mention V7.1, so I assume it's VCX Enterprise.

The NTP change is easy - just user vcx-config-network.

If you need to change the IP of the IPM server, you need to run vcx-reconfigure on any VCX server that references it. Also don't forget to change endpoint IP addresses in Directory > Endpoints as these wont be changed automatically.
CvilleTech
Occasional Contributor

Just 1 IP messaging server, with multiple NBX system running SIP. I know I need to for sure change the NTP address, with the strong possibility of changing the actual IP address on IPM in the very near future. I had never had to change any address on a VCX or IPM server so do not know the proper procedure.

Thanks for any help.

jwhitley
Advisor

If it's an NBX running SIP using VCX IPM rather than a full blown VCX system then it should be pretty straightforward. NTP is as I've already mentioned. IP change on the IPM server simply run vcx-reconfigure.

You'll also need to tell the NBX the new IP of its voicemail system.

VCX can be much trickier. We often use an IP change as the reason for a full reinstall / upgrade.