1752796 Members
5749 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IPM 7.1 changing IP and NTP address

CvilleTech
Occasional Contributor

IPM 7.1 changing IP and NTP address

Can anyone tell me the correct way to change the NTP and I might have to change IP address on IPM due to network re-configure.

Thanks

stephen

4 REPLIES 4
Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

Be careful. There's something weird with vcx enterprise where the vcx-configure and/or vcx-reconfigure scripts only work on one or the other. Can't remember exactly, I've only heard it secondhand.

jwhitley
Advisor

How many servers on your VCX? You mention V7.1, so I assume it's VCX Enterprise.

The NTP change is easy - just user vcx-config-network.

If you need to change the IP of the IPM server, you need to run vcx-reconfigure on any VCX server that references it. Also don't forget to change endpoint IP addresses in Directory > Endpoints as these wont be changed automatically.
CvilleTech
Occasional Contributor

Just 1 IP messaging server, with multiple NBX system running SIP. I know I need to for sure change the NTP address, with the strong possibility of changing the actual IP address on IPM in the very near future. I had never had to change any address on a VCX or IPM server so do not know the proper procedure.

Thanks for any help.

jwhitley
Advisor

If it's an NBX running SIP using VCX IPM rather than a full blown VCX system then it should be pretty straightforward. NTP is as I've already mentioned. IP change on the IPM server simply run vcx-reconfigure.

You'll also need to tell the NBX the new IP of its voicemail system.

VCX can be much trickier. We often use an IP change as the reason for a full reinstall / upgrade.