1748089 Members
4996 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP P4000 SAN application managed snapshots vcenter login

anunnthorn
Occasional Advisor

HP P4000 SAN application managed snapshots vcenter login

When I tried to create an application managed snapshots in CMC v.10.5 I get an error message

Error retrieving volume list from application server at 192.168.2.10: ILED: Connection to VC Server failed. Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password

I've tested the tcp/ip ping is working on the node, do I need to supply the CMC with vcenter login crediential?

6 REPLIES 6
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

Try running the application aware snapshot service as local administrator on the Vcenter.

Its called "Pegasus CIM Object Manager"

look at this post

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-StoreVirtual-HP-LeftHand/VMware-and-Application-aware-snap-shots-how-do-they-work-and-how/td-p/5570709#.UcCaJvlZ-DM

Regards

Emilo
Trusted Contributor

Are you  having issues with the Application Aware Snapshot Manager failing after upgrade to VCenter to 5.1? 

There is a known issue with the administrative credentials of VCenter not having the correct authority to work with the Pegasus CIM Object Manager service correctly.

If so let me know the error codes I cant take a look.

GoingCrazy

Hey...

I have the same issue. Are there any news how it can be solved?

We are running vCenter 5.1.0 (without Update1)

opatrois
Occasional Visitor

I have an issue with Vcenter 5.5

The application aware returne : 

Error retrieving volume list from application server at xx.xx.xx.xx : ILED: Connection to VC Server failed.

Impossible de convertir l'objet de type 'System.String' en type 'VimApi25.ManagedObjectReference'.

Florian Schmutz
Frequent Advisor

hmm had the same right now with 5.5 and 10.5... the solution was posted above.

Create a local user with admin rights on vcenter and change the Service User account of the service discrption above. to this user. its a problem of loging in of the Snapshot engine to the vcenter. With local user there arent enought rights to take the snapshots. HP StoreVirtual VSS CIM Server

VRZ-David
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

Change the logon for the The Pegasus CIM Object Manager service to the same logon you're using for the VirtualCenter Server service. That worked for me since 10.5.

Cheers

David