1751716 Members
5034 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version 11.0 Announced, Finally - Capacity Increase and Tiered-Storage

David_Tocker
Regular Advisor

What do you know - its March, and still no release.

Someone said on another thread that they got some files from an FTP and managed to run the update automatically through the CMC.

Does anyone know where to get these files?

Thanks.

David.

Regards.

David Tocker
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Contact HP support...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Did call them and opened a case.

Then got a ftp site with password and could download the files.

I know now why the update is still not there, this is because of problems with the 10 GB NICs in the old machines. This is why the new machines already shipped with LeftHand OS 11.00 because there are other 10 GB Nics in there.

So everyone that has no 10 GB Nics in there systems, call HP and open een support call.

This weekend did a upgrade and all went good.

BL460C
Advisor

Availability Update on LeftHand OS 11.0

Shortly before the scheduled release of LeftHand OS 11.0 in November 2013, HP Storage identified a network connectivity issue with HP P4000 G2 storage systems and LeftHand OS 11.0. Consequently, the release of the LeftHand OS 11.0 upgrade has been delayed. Because the issue affects only HP P4000 G2 SAN Solutions, new HP StoreVirtual 4000 Storage products and HP StoreVirtual VSA Software continue to ship with LeftHand OS 11.0.

Does anyone have anymore info on what the issue actually is? how long the delay is expected to be?

I have contacted support and they are giving me the run around.

Manfri
Frequent Advisor

I've seen enough info that lh 11.5 will be out very soon

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-StoreVirtual-Storage-LeftHand/Reclaiming-Space-from-a-thin-provisioned-netword-raid-5-volume/td-p/4790680#.U19bS_l_uSo

and in some other hp document they cite release 11.5

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx%2F4AA5-1966ENW.pdf

so if they jump directly to 11.5 i will not be surprised ( TRIM SUPPORT!!! it was about time )

oikjn
Honored Contributor

I'd love for you to be right, but given their track record, they actually posted a date on the office site a half dozen times for v11 and successfully missed it every time.  I think they started announcing it in the end of 2013 and I"m not sure if v11 update has ever actually been released to update.