3314 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

kconfig to clone tuneables and error

Coolmar
Esteemed Contributor

kconfig to clone tuneables and error

Hi,

I am using "kconfig -i infile" to import the tuneables from one HP-UX 11.23 system to another. I did a kconfig -e outfile on one of the systems and then edited it down to just the tuneable params and tried to import it on the other system and got the following errors:

I tried to import and got the following (both systems are HP-UX 11.23):

ld: Unsatisfied protected symbol "pstat_socket" in file "/usr/conf/lib/libpstat.a[pstat.o]"
ld: Unsatisfied protected symbol "clonedev" in file "/usr/conf/lib/libpstat.a[global_pstat.o]"
ld: Unsatisfied protected symbol "get_pst_stream_size" in file "/usr/conf/lib/libpstat.a[global_pstat.o]"
ld: Unsatisfied protected symbol "get_pst_socket_size" in file "/usr/conf/lib/libpstat.a[global_pstat.o]"
ld: Unsatisfied protected symbol "sth_get_sth" in file "/usr/conf/lib/libpstat.a[filedetails_pstat.o]"
ld: Unsatisfied protected symbol "idle_biod" in file "/usr/conf/lib/libpstat.a[tunables_pstat.o]"
ld: Unsatisfied protected symbol "async_daemon_count" in file "/usr/conf/lib/libpstat.a[tunables_pstat.o]"
ld: Unsatisfied protected symbol "fdetach" in file "/usr/conf/lib/libscall.a[init_sent.o]"
ld: Unsatisfied protected symbol "lv_real_mode_config" in file "/usr/conf/lib/libsvc-pdk.a[rm_common.o]"
54 errors.
ERROR: The kernel build did not succeed: ld: exit 1
The arguments that were supplied to the linker are the linker
are stored in file /stand/failure_ldargs.

Any ideas how to fix this?
1 REPLY 1
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

Re: kconfig to clone tuneables and error

Coolmar,

You might be missing this patch on the system:

PHCO_33385

Regards,

Jaime.
Work hard when the need comes out.