5065 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

N class server GSP error logs.

John Paine
Frequent Advisor

N class server GSP error logs.

Hi All,
anybody out there know how to clear the SPU error log on an N class server? I installed 2 new memory simms yesterday and everytime the m/c is rebooted it stops on the way up telling me new memory has been added and awaits an "a" for acknowledge and the alert light flashes orange waiting for me to access the GSP to clear it.I know the N class will time out after 60 seconds if "a" is not entered but I'm wondering why it always flashes the led and stops on each boot....I was thinking that clearing the SPU log may fix it?
Any thoughts would be welcome.
Thanks,
JP.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
6 REPLIES 6
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

Re: N class server GSP error logs.

I think just reading them clears the service light. At least on the Superdome GSP it does.

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
John Paine
Frequent Advisor

Hi Bill,
yes, reading them clears the flashing led but my point is if I then do a reboot, the m/c still reports the memory addition on the way up and awaits acknowledgement and I have to clear the led again...is this normal?
Regards,
JP.
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

That seems strange... I'm not expert on the Ns
but maybe you could make sure from the BCH
SER menu that the DIMMs are allocated.

Later,
Bill
It works for me (tm)
John Paine
Frequent Advisor

Bill/Anyone,
found from IN and ME that all 32Gb memory is configured,although last 2 dimms installed are reported as ACT- non-HP.These are dataram dimms.Does anyone know if this warning message is because of the dimms and will it always occur on boot?...not really that big a deal but was just curious.

Regards,
JP.
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

From local console:ctrl-B and in GSP prompt launch SL (show log hardware) after the led will be off.
Vincenzo Restuccia
Honored Contributor

From local console:ctrl-B and in GSP prompt launch SL (show log hardware) after the led will be off.