Operating System - Linux
1752790 Members
6008 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Want to print to tray 2 on HP laserJet P3015

B Unix

Want to print to tray 2 on HP laserJet P3015

Could you please advise how can I control HP LaserJet P3015 printer to print to tray 1,2 from following Linux system.

[root@whbgdr root]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 4)
[root@whbgdr root]# uname -a
Linux whbgdr 2.4.21-27.EL #1 Wed Dec 1 22:08:15 EST 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I have set up the printer for normal text (Network printer, and select text only for driver) and print to default printer tray. It is working fine. But users wants to control paper tray. For text printer there is no option that I can specify tray #. I have tried to set up to a new Network printer and select different driver (there is no specific the printer driver. on the linux) that I can control the tray. However, it did not print properly. The print job I try to print is a Docket that has control characters to control position and print it as a pre-printed form (eg. bold, font size).
Please advise is ESC to contray tray # and how to use it. Or where I can down load Linux/Redhat drive for the printer model.

Many thaks if some one can help as I have tried both method from google/web, but could not find them.
Regards,
TA-TA