Disk Enclosures
1748235 Members
3583 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

eventID 24606 and eventID 11

A.Dell'Ariccia

eventID 24606 and eventID 11

I found a problem in the event viewer of windows that is installed in my HP DL360 G6 . Thinking that he was referring to the alert "Disk Fault" i have changed the disk on "bus 0 and ID 6" as stated in the error , but the problem is still reported . In this server there are 2 partions one in RAID1 with 72 Gb X two disk and one with RAID0 for CACHE DATA with 146 Gb X four disk . So we have 6 to 8 allocations occupied . Here's the error alert :
event 24606 Source:Cissesrv
Logical drive 2 configured on array controller P410i [Embedded] returned a fatal error during a read/write request from/to the volume.
Logical block address 59663968, block count 48 and command 32 were taken from the failed logical I/O request.
Array controller P410i [Embedded] is also reporting that the last physical drive to report a fatal error condition (associated with this logical request), is located on bus 0 and ID 6.

eventid 11 Source Disk
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
3 REPLIES 3
A.Dell'Ariccia

Re: eventID 24606 and eventID 11

I would add that the "Array Diagnostic Utility" returns no errors .
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

So you got a RAID 0 (Zero(Logical drive 2?)).

Then you get a disk failure (possible in the RAID 0).

Now that logical drive is, failed.

You have replaced the failed disk.

Windows can't read/write to the failed RAID 0.

A disk failure in a RAID 0, is fatal. So far all is as expected.

I don't know how much you have to do, to get a new operational RAID 0. And oprational disk in windows.

My guess is.
1. Delete the failed disk from windows disk manager.
2. Delete the RAID 0 on the array controller.

3. Create new RAID

4. do whatever you have to do to get a new disk in windows disk manager.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo

A.Dell'Ariccia

Although this error Windows signals the applications work correctly. But maybe only because that part of the disc has not yet been used?