1752288 Members
4367 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

XP Pro Drivers

Ben Moore_1

XP Pro Drivers

I just bought an HP Pavilion 522C. It came with XP Home. I blew that away and installed XP Pro. However, I can't get some of my onboard devices to work, e.g. Ethernet, Audio, etc. They show up in the Device Manager with yellow exclamation points. I've installed a WiFi adapter to get to the Internet but no variation of searching for drivers turns up anything. Where can I find the XP Pro versions of these drivers?
4 REPLIES 4
Lance Brown
Esteemed Contributor
Paul Sperry
Honored Contributor

Re: XP Pro Drivers

Bill Wallace_1

The Windows Update service is a good place to start, but you should also check http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareList.jhtml;jsessionid=0WR05TTZV2LBRQEXGRMEOSQ?reg=&cc=&prodId=hppavilion83478&lc=en&softitem=Microsoft%20Windows%20XP&sw_lang=en but when I looked I didn't see much that could help you. I think your best bet would be to check the cd's taht came with your PC for a driver disk and install off of there. If there aren't any WinXP drivers on it, in most cases the Win2000 drivers should funcion perfectly.
steve brown_3

the original install of xp home had a directory called HP.

That puppy was 780MB and had drivers for audio, video, etc.

they work well after switching to XP Pro.

BEFORE YOU INSTALL THEM make sure you read the readme file that gives an overview of the process.

Steve Brown