Networking
1753500 Members
4564 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

built in Intel Wireless LAN

David_460

built in Intel Wireless LAN

I purchased a compaq laptop the is suppose to have the built in Intel Wireless LAN card. but I am not getting any available networks after setting up my linksys router. how do I know that a built in network card is actuall there. I have a PCMCI card to put in but the laptop is supposed to already have a wirless card installed. any thoughts.
2 REPLIES 2
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: built in Intel Wireless LAN

David:

Post the laptop model and any info you have about the built in Intel wireless. Usually, there is an icon in the System Tray (by the clock) that if right-clicked, allows you some control of the wireless NIC.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
David_460

Re: built in Intel Wireless LAN

Its a compaq laptop and I know now that it does have wirless card. but it does not have any networks listed in the "Available Netorks" section. It works fine when I connect it directly to the router. But the wirless connection has a red X under network places. Is there any common fixes that might work in a situation like this. Also I went to a compusa store and noticed that one of their laptops was configured and working but one was not (they both had wirless lan cards built in) I tried to get them to help but they didn't know how to fix the one that was just like mine.